Now more than ever, consumers spend increasing amounts of time on the internet—and lose an increasing amount of money to fraud, data breaches, and other cybercrimes each year. By following these seven simple tips, you can help protect your digital profile and devices against common cyberthreats.
- Double your login protection (with multi-factor authentication)
- Shake up your password protocol
- If you connect, you must protect (with software updates)
- Play “hard to get” with strangers
- Under-share and don’t tell
- Keep tabs on your apps
- Stay protected while connected (to public Wi-Fi)
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Learn more about the tips on the Information Security Office’s National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) website. While you’re there, check out the other free resources available from ISO, University Information Technology (UIT), and national organizations to help improve your cybersecurity at home, on the go, and on campus.
This year’s NCSAM topics include: