For the month of August, the #CheckOnYourUCrew campaign theme is, “back to school.” Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to check in with their friends, peers and colleagues to see what they may need in order to feel prepared to return to school for the fall semester.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) launched #CheckOnYourUCrew in April as many members of the U community were feeling isolated by “social distancing” protocols put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In June, the effort was expanded to departments across campus with an emphasis on self-care and a reminder that you are part of your U crew. July’s theme centered around checking on others in your U crew, and August is intended to encourage the U community to check on both themselves and others as classes begin—either online or in person.
“This semester is going to look different than any other semester we’ve ever had,” said Mary Ann Villarreal, vice president for EDI. “As we work together to slow the spread of COVID-19, it will be imperative that we are communicating and sharing information and resources with each other. If your office or department has an important back-to-school resource, share it on social media with hashtag #CheckOnYourUCrew and we’ll all do our part to ensure folks across campus know about it.”
- Check out the Return to Campus website for the latest guidelines, required trainings and more.
- Find a schedule of virtual events hosted by EDI centers and partners here.
- Learn more about the #CheckOnYourUCrew campaign here.
- Other helpful websites:
How to participate
- Reach out to members of your “U Crew” to see how they are doing and if they need anything to return to school.
- Post your own picture, video or message sharing helpful resources and tips for students, staff and faculty preparing for the Fall 2020 Semester using hashtag #CheckOnYourUCrew.