Phishing attacks can take many forms, but they all share a common goal—getting you to share sensitive information, such as login credentials, credit card information, or other restricted and/or sensitive data. Although the University of Utah maintains controls to help protect our networks and computers from cyberthreats, we rely on you to be our first line of defense.
Click here to learn more about why phishing attacks succeed and how you can protect yourself from them.
Learn more: Cybersecurity Awareness Month
This month, please consider taking a few moments to visit the Information Security Office’s CSAM website and check up on your cyber hygiene. Topics include:
- Creating a cybersecure workspace—at home
- Meet the computer forensics experts who investigate the U’s cybersecurity incidents
- What to do when an abuser uses technology against you
- 8 simple tips to improve your online safety and security
- Common scams—and how to spot them