By Annalisa Purser, communications specialist, University Marketing and Communications
Since the campus first heard about an aggravated sexual assault in the Merrill Engineering parking lot on Monday, Oct. 31, many have had questions about campus safety and resources for victims of sexual assault. The Office of the Dean of Students hosted an information session for engineering students, faculty and staff shortly after the event. More than 50 students attended. Since then, students, staff and faculty from across campus have expressed interest in a similar conversation.
Three additional campus information sessions on sexual assault will take place across campus over the coming weeks. Attendees will hear from representatives from the Department of Public Safety (campus police), the Counseling Center, the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action/Title IX, the Office of the Dean of Students and sexual assault victim advocates. They will discuss campus resources, answer questions and receive comments or concerns.
- Friday, Nov. 18: 12-1 p.m. in the Union Building, Panorama East
- Wednesday, Nov. 30: 9-10 a.m. in HPER West, Room 117
- Thursday, Dec. 8: 2:30-3:30 p.m. in Marriot Library, Room 1725
For further support and information:
- Sexual assault victim advocates: 801-581-7779
- Department of Public Safety (police): 801-585-COPS (2677)
- University Counseling Center: 801-581-6826
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (Title IX Coordinator): 801-581-8365
- Office of the Dean of Students: 801-581-7066
- Women’s Resource Center: 801-581-8030