U grads will now have two years of free career support and guidance to support their post-graduation plans. These expanded services are made possible through a collaborative effort with the Career & Professional Development Center (CPDC) and U Alumni.
“Previously U graduates were eligible to receive services for one year after graduation,” said Stan Inman, director, Career & Professional Development Center. “This new extended timeline of support will offer our U graduates uninterrupted access to career coaching and online resources for up to two years post-graduation. The university is committed to supporting recent graduates as they navigate their post-graduation career path.”
The CPDC offers a wide variety of self-directed and individualized resources to empower current students and recent grads to continually explore and pursue rewarding careers through accessible career education, events, resources and network connections.
U Alumni provides many free resources to research jobs, network with fellow alums and seek career advice. If you’re looking for more individualized support, U Alumni receive a special rate for the first two sessions with Career Coaches in the Alumni Career Coaches Referral Network. More information can be found here.
The announcement was made at the U Alumni Virtual Career Event, Jan. 27, 2021. The full video of the announcement can be viewed below.
Resources for U graduates
Alumni who graduated from the David Eccles School of Business have access to career resources and coaching through Business Career Services.
Graduated for less than two years
Alumni who graduated from the University of Utah less than two years ago continue to have full access to CPDC resources, which includes access to:
- Thousands of job opportunities and career resources in Handshake, including career events, fairs and programs
- Drop-in support and guidance in the Career Studio (currently available via Live Chat)
- Free career resources including a Career Guide, Resume Samples and the CPDC blog: Peaks & Valleys.
- Appointments with Career Coaches (currently via video or phone)
- Information on upcoming events and career-related tips on the CPDC Instagram @uofucareers or LinkedIn.
Graduated for more than two years
Alumni who graduated more than two years ago also have access to a variety of resources for their job search or career change.
- U Alumni provides career resources for alumni of all ages and at all stages of their career development. For more information about career events and resources, please visit the U Alumni Networking & Career Resources
- Each year, as part of the Utah Association for Colleges and Employers (UACE), the University of Utah partners to host a Statewide Alumni Fair open to all University of Utah alumni.
- Alumni can also access the free career resources offered through CPDC including a Career Guide, Resume Samples, the CPDC blog: Peaks & Valleys and LinkedIn.
Regardless of when you graduated, you have access to the University of Utah’s Alumni Mentoring platform that provides a networking community where alumni can share their valuable experience, mentor U students ready to start their career and ask for advice along their own career journey. Sign up and start connecting today!
Wherever you are on your career journey, CPDC and U Alumni are here to support you every step of the way. More information can be found here.
For more career-related posts, visit the Career & Professional Development Center Blog Peaks&Valleys.