By Amy McIff, communications manager, Auxiliary Services
Inside your wallet lies a cache of opportunity that’s waiting to be tapped. It’s your UCard, and it’s more than just an ID. Think of it as a VIP card that offers a multitude of privileges that are yours for the taking.
For the benefit of UCard holders both old and new, we checked in with the UCard Office and uncovered 16 of the best perks that this valuable—albeit plastic—card offers.
- Free rides on UTA transportation vehicles.
- UCash allows your UCard to work like a debit card on campus. Add funds online through Blackboard, through the Apple or Android mobile app, at the UCard Office or at kiosks throughout campus.
- Select Kingsbury Hall performances (one hour before show time): $5
- Ballet West same-day tickets: $15
- Discounted admission to College of Fine Arts events for faculty/staff; free for students.
- Discounted tickets to Pioneer Theatre Company productions for faculty/staff; free for students.
- Discounted admission to Red Butte Gardens for faculty/staff; free for students.
- Free shipping on select items at amazon.com when using a university email address.
- A 15 percent discount at J. Crew.
- A 10 percent discount at The Pie Pizzeria.
- Students may receive a 15 percent discount at the Red Robin on Foothill Drive.
- Free access to library books and services.
- A 10 percent discount at the University Campus Store for faculty and staff only.
- Discounted admission to Utah sporting events for students only.
- Free admission to numerous campus activities, such as Crimson Nights, for students only.
UCard works to provide exceptional service by offering technology-based solutions to university students, faculty and staff by making access, identification and payment processes simple and secure.
For more information about UCard or its services, visit the UCard Office in Room 225 of the Olpin Student Union, visit the website or call 581-CARD (2273).