Main Navigation

Resources available to students

There are a number of services available to students.

A number of services are available to students at this time. Below are ones we're frequently asked about. For an updated comprehensive list of services that remain open please visit

Funds, food, parking and recreation

Emergency Funds Application

Students can apply for emergency grants based upon need and available funding. If you are facing financial difficulties during this time, please submit an application.

Feed U Pantry

The FeedU pantry in the Union building is closed. For information on requesting food for a curbside pick up, visit the Union’s Covid-19 page at

Parking proration

Students who will no longer use their parking permit for the remainder of the semester may request a prorated refund by emailing Permits purchased in August or mid-September 2019, are not eligible for the prorated refund as their value has already been utilized.

Campus Recreation Services

The Eccles Student Life Center is closed until further notice, but staff still are streaming classes in yoga, cardio boxing and Pilates, among others. Check the schedule to sign up.


Student Wellness Center

While STD testing and pleasure packs are on hold, the Student Wellness Center still is providing many virtual services, including victim-survivor advocacy and Zoom office hours with health educators beginning April 8, from 2 to 4 p.m.

University Counseling Center

Counseling services are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments provided by telephone or secure video feed.

Student Health Center

The Student Health Center is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call 801-581-6431 if you are experiencing symptoms such as high fever, cough or shortness of breath.

Victim-Survivor Advocates

Victim-Survivor Advocates provide free, confidential and trauma-informed support services to students, faculty and staff who have experienced interpersonal violence (i.e. domestic and dating violence, sexual assault and rape, sexual harassment, stalking, etc.). Schedule an appointment here.

Crisis Intervention & Hospital Diversion

University of Utah Health provides free crisis response and hospital diversion programs that aim to keep all our family members, friends and neighbors safe. Services are available 24/7 here.


Academic Advising

All campus advisors are available to talk virtually.

  • Students who are exploring majors or have questions about general education can contact the Academic Advising Center (AAC) at 801-581-8146 or email They can also make an appointment with an AAC here.
  • If a student knows their major, they can make an appointment with a major advisor here.

Student Success Advocates

Our advocates are available 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays via text, phone, email or video chat. Click here to find the advocate who can best meet your needs and contact them directly to set up a meeting. Also, the SSA Tools for Success page is loaded with hints for transitioning to online learning, staying healthy and well and connecting with others while socially distancing.

Career & Professional Development Center

The Career & Professional Development Center is providing virtual career coaching resources here.

Computer and IT services

Computer labs

The student computer lab in the Union building is closed. For information on requesting a laptop or wireless hotspot, visit the Union’s Covid-19 page at

Laptops for students in need

Marriott Library is allowing students to borrow laptops for the remainder of spring semester. Simply show your UCard at the Union Service Desk. If you are not on campus, email with your name, uNID and mailing address. A laptop will be mailed out within two business days.

Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion centers remain open virtually. Check their websites and social media accounts to connect.

Bias, intolerance or discrimination reporting

Students, faculty, staff and visitors who believe they have witness or been the target of bias, intolerance or discrimination may report an incident to the Office for Inclusive Excellence (bias and intolerance) or the Office of Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Title IX (discrimination).