The University of Utah Marketing & Communications (UMC) team received 28 awards at the 2021 annual University & College Designers Association (UCDA) design competition. The UCDA design awards recognize the best of the exceptional design work done to promote educational institutions—secondary, vocational or higher education.
This year UCDA judges evaluated 632 entries, awarding 210 awards—8 Gold Awards, 24 Silver Awards and 178 Awards of Excellence. The awards received by UMC represent work across multiple disciplines including photography, illustration, print and magazine design, interactive web, social media, and video.
“Our UMC team consistently performs well at UCDA, but this past year we exceeded all expectations by more than doubling the number of awards we won at the last competition. This is a true testament to the dedication and hard work of our amazing creative professionals, especially during the pandemic,” said the U’s chief creative officer, Jeff Bagley.
UMC was awarded 3 Silver, 9 Excellence and 16 Honorable Mention awards. See a sampling of the award-winning work below:
Silver Award Winners
- Photography – Student Life: Laycee Brown Profile
- Video – Sophomore Rise Campaign
- Design – 2020 US Vice Presidential Debate
Excellence Award Winners
- Design – Utah Magazine Cover, Summer 2021, Popping the Pandemic
- Social Media – Minari Oscar Campaign
- Video – Science: The World is Depending on You
- Digital – Main university website
- Video – The U’s Own Monet: Dave Meikle Profile
- Design – Utah Magazine Spread, Fall 2020, Opposing Arguments
Founded in 1970 UCDA is the nation’s first and only association for professionals involved in the creation of visual communications for educational institutions. UCDA is comprised of more than 1,000 institutions throughout the United States and Canada. For the complete list of UCDA awards won by team UMC click here.