Friday, June 15 | 3 p.m.
- One northbound lane of traffic is now open on Mario Capecchi Drive
- Both southbound lanes continue to be open and fully operational
- Commuters can expect detours as well as restrictions to left-hand turns onto southbound Mario Capecchi Drive from westbound 1900 East
As you navigate the area, please exercise additional caution and be on lookout for signs and law enforcement officers indicating lane closures and detours. Please be mindful of other drivers and pedestrians in this evolving situation.
Friday, June 15 | 3 a.m.
Crews are working to repair a broken water line discovered late Thursday night on Mario Capecchi Drive at 1900 East. The water has been turned off and crews will work Friday to repair the break. No disruption to water in buildings is expected.
What Friday morning commuters should expect:
- Crews have determined that both north-bound lanes of Mario Capecchi Drive at 1900 East will be closed throughout Friday to facilitate repairs of a broken water line. South-bound lanes will be open.
- Wasatch Drive and North Campus Drive are alternatives for access to University Hospital, the Moran Eye Center, Primary Children’s Hospital, the Huntsman Cancer Institute, and other facilities on the east side of campus.