ESPN College GameDay is coming to the University of Utah this week as No. 5 Utah hosts No. 23 California Saturday at 8 p.m. MT in a game that will be televised by ESPN. In anticipation of this coverage, ESPN will arrive in Presidents Circle Wednesday, Oct. 7. Here’s what you need to know about transportation in the area:
Parking and access to Presidents Circle: 8 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 7–6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 10
- Approximately 95 parking stalls will be displaced while ESPN uses the space to set up and broadcast shows. The majority of these spaces are metered stalls.
- Only those with reserved spots will be able to park in Presidents Circle. Some reserved stalls will be moved to other spots within Presidents Circle.
- Campus shuttles will continue to run, and those picking up or dropping off children at the ASUU Child Care/Child and Family Development Center, emergency vehicles and ESPN staff will be permitted to enter. Other vehicles will be redirected.
- Parking attendants will be available at the entrance of President Circle to redirect traffic to alternative lots.
Parking at the stadium: 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 9–Sunday morning
- The stadium lot will be available as an alternative lot for Presidents Circle parking until Friday, Oct. 9 at 10 p.m. It will resume normal parking Sunday morning. Motorcycles, visitors and A and U permits can park in the stadium lot.
Alternative parking and transportation options:
- Those who typically park in Presidents Circle and those attending events at buildings in Presidents Circle will be able to park at the stadium lot (A and U permits, visitors and motorcycles) until Friday at 10 p.m. They may also be redirected to the Merrill Engineering parking lot (A, U permits, visitors and motorcycles) or the Northwest Garage (A and T permits).
- Parking attendants will be available at Presidents Circle and the Merrill Engineering lot to help visitors find parking options that works best for them.
- As always, U faculty, staff and students may ride UTA TRAX and buses at no cost by using their UCard as fare.
- ESPN will be located in Presidents Circle, Wednesday, Oct. 7-Saturday, Oct. 10.
- ESPN will be broadcasting shows from Presidents Circle Friday, Oct. 9, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. A live show is scheduled from Noon-12:30 p.m. ESPN will conclude broadcasting from this location by Saturday, Oct. 10 at 10 a.m.
- The ESPN College Game Day show will air Saturday, Oct. 10, 7-10 a.m.
More on GameDay here.