University of Utah Human Resource Management is pleased to announce the eight recipients of the 2022 University of Utah Staff Excellence Awards (USEA). USEA was established in 1992 to recognize superior service and ongoing contributions by the University’s full-time employees.
The final eight winners were selected from a pool of 22 District Staff Excellence recipients by a committee coordinated by the President of the University’s Staff Council, and approved by Chief Human Resources Officer, Jeff Herring. To be selected as a USEA recipient is a very high honor and is a sign that their commitment and contributions are valued by their colleagues, supervisors, and leadership of the university.
Our USEA winners and all District winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony in November. Congratulations to all of our winners – we look forward to celebrating your achievements in the fall!
Our District recipients include:
Academics & Student Affairs District
- Ashley Glenn, Academic Advising Center
- Katy Riney, University Counseling Center
- Melanie Ward, HCI Research Administration
Heath Academics District
- Mary McFarland, Eccles Health Sciences Library
- Deidre Schoenfeld, College of Nursing - Dean
Hospitals & Clinics District
- Stephanie Barrus, UUH Pharmacy
- Joshua Ducourant, UUH Facilities Administration
- Petra Estrada, UUH Environmental Services
- A’Lisha Finch, HCH Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Shawn Newton, HCH Pharmacy
- Alicia Riddle, UCC Rheumatology Clinic
- JD Steeneck, HMH Clinical Assessment
- Sean Strope, Neurosurgery
- Gerry Vasquez, UOC Post-Op Recovery