As part of the HELIX construction project, phase two of installation work is set for May 21 for the sky bridge that will connect HELIX to the existing sky bridge between Moran Eye Center, Primary Children’s Hospital and the University of Utah Hospital.
- Bridge steel erection will take place across Mario Capecchi Drive
- The installation will occur from 3 p.m. on May 21 to 5 a.m. on May 22
- Pedestrians will be diverted around the bridge erection zone
- Access to and from TRAX will remain open until 11 p.m.
- Access to the Moran Eye Center elevators & sky bridge will remain open
- Mario Capecchi Drive will reopen at 5 a.m. Sunday, May 22
Safety: An off-duty police officer will be staged at the intersection of Mario Capecchi Dr. and Wasatch Drive to direct traffic. Please follow all road closure and detour signs.
- All non-emergency vehicle traffic heading to University of Utah Hospital & Primary Children’s Hospital will be diverted from Mario Capecchi Drive to Wasatch Drive
- Emergency vehicle traffic driving to University Hospital on Mario Capecchi Drive will be diverted to Wasatch Drive; there will also be a secondary route to University Hospital ER (please reference the orange pathway on the map below)
- Emergency vehicle traffic driving to Primary Children’s Emergency Department from Mario Capecchi Drive will be diverted to Wasatch Drive, then North Campus Drive, leading to ER access off Mario Capecchi Drive (please reference the blue pathway on the map below)
- Essential deliveries to the University Hospital loading dock will be provided access as usual