In-person testing will resume this Wednesday, July 15, 2020, at the University Testing Center on the fourth floor of the Student Services Building, room 498. Operations will be limited to ensure the safety of students, testers and staff.
Mandatory protocols are now in place to minimize transmission risks of COVID-19. Testers must read and understand the rules before arriving to take the scheduled test as there will be no exceptions to these rules. The center staff can help reschedule a test if needed and they appreciate your cooperation.
The University Testing Center will be disinfecting testing stations after every use. If you have any questions, call the University Testing Center at 801-581-8733.
- Face coverings are required to be worn at all times when in the Student Services Building.
- Washing hands before entering and the use hand sanitizer in the center is strongly recommended.
- Visitors must wait in their vehicles or outside.
- Seats in the waiting areas have been spaced 6 feet apart and testers are always encouraged to maintain this social distance.
- Testers should stay seated in the hallway waiting area until a staff member notifies you when it is time for your test.
- Upon arrival, the staff will ask about any COVID-19 symptoms and perform a temperature check. If you have any symptoms, please stay home and reschedule.
- Have your photo ID ready for checking in at the front desk with the plexiglass protective barrier.
- Testers should bring as little as possible and consider bringing their own two sheets of blank paper and a writing utensil.
Online testing of Accuplacer Math Placements and FLATS tests are available on a limited basis.
Remote proctoring services for the Department of Writing and Rhetoric Studies' writing placement tests will continue to be provided. Read more here. Testers requesting a writing placement test should email email@example.com and a staff member will guide you through the process.
Additionally, the Prometric Testing Center will also reopen to deliver important exams to the community. Please read the safety guidelines that will be mandatory for all testers.
The University of Utah Testing Center staff look forward to continuing to serve the campus and broader Utah community.