Main Navigation

Support during emergency hardships

How the U is supporting faculty and staff, and how faculty and staff can support each other.

We all experience unexpected financial needs and for some, an unexpected need can be an extraordinary financial hardship. To allow university faculty and staff to provide anonymous assistance to their colleagues within the U community, Human Resources has partnered with other areas on campus to establish the OneUCares Faculty and Staff Emergency Fund (the “OneUCares Fund”).

See below for descriptions of both how we can support our faculty and staff, as well as for how faculty and staff can apply to receive emergency support.

Give to immediate faculty and staff support

The OneUCares Fund is made possible because of the support of university leadership and the generosity of U colleagues. You can make a difference in the lives of your fellow staff and faculty today by making a gift to the OneUCares Fund. During this time, our coworkers throughout campus have been impacted by the pandemic in various ways. Together we are one U and can take care of one another.

Please consider making a gift to the OneUCares Fund through one of the following options below.

  • Online via UGive
  • Enroll or update employee payroll deduction
  • Mail a check, payable to the University of Utah, with OneUCares Fund in the memo, sent to:
    • University Advancement, P.O. Box 410481 Salt Lake City, UT 84141-0481

University Leave Sharing Plan: supports university employees with donated vacation hours. Donate your vacation leave to colleagues in need by submitting this donation form to Human Resources. This leave program was founded to help university employees during this time of the pandemic.

Feed U Pantry: support the Pantry by making a gift online or by donating non-perishable food. Find out more about food donation guidelines here or contact

Receive immediate faculty and staff support 

The OneUCares Fund: Employees can find out more about eligibility and apply for the OneUCares Fund via university HR. Questions? Contact University Human Resource Management at 801-581-7447 or

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP): EAP is available for employees enrolled in the university’s Employee Health Care Plan, their enrolled family members, and any other individuals residing in the Employee’s home. Information regarding the Employee Assistance Program is available online.

University Leave Sharing Plan: Leave Sharing Plan supports university employees with donated vacation hours. To request hours submit the Request for Vacation Donation form to Human Resources.

Feed U Pantry: The Pantry is open to all faculty and staff at the U in need of food and basic hygiene products. For more information on the location and operating hours visit here or email

Huntsman Mental Health Institute Mobile Outreach Team: The Huntsman Mental Health Institute Mobile Outreach team is also available to respond in the event of a crisis. The crisis line is 801-587-3000.