By Chris Nelson, director of communications, University of Utah Communications
University of Utah President Ruth V. Watkins has announced the members of a search committee to find a successor to retiring Athletic Director Chris Hill. Ventura Partners, a national executive search and talent management firm with a specialty practice in intercollegiate athletics, has been retained by the university to assist in the search. Chad Chatlos, a partner at Ventura, will work closely with President Watkins and the search committee on the appointment.
The search committee will be co-chaired by Patti Ross, the U’s chief strategy officer, and Manny Hendrix, associate director for development for the U’s athletics department. The committee will make recommendations to Watkins who will then select the final candidate. The search is expected to be completed by the end of June.
“Our new athletic director will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future direction and vitality of our university. I’m grateful to everyone on the committee for their time and willingness to participate in the search. Each member brings a unique perspective and I know each will bring valuable insight to the selection process,” said Watkins.
In addition to Ross and Hendrix as co-chairs, committee members include:
- Elizabeth Abel, associate athletic director
- Lisa Eccles, community member and philanthropist
- Christian Gardner, university trustee
- Jeff Herring, chief human resources officer
- Harriet Hopf, interim associate vice president for faculty affairs and professor of anesthesiology
- Nate Orchard, former U athlete
- Karen Paisley, associate dean, College of Health
- David Parkin, university trustee
- Robert Payne, associate general counsel
- Robert Pendleton, associate professor of medicine and chief medical quality officer
- Lynne Roberts, head coach, women’s basketball
- Gordon Wilson, associate vice president for administrative services
Requests for more information about the search should be directed to:
Partner, Ventura Partners