A new training course titled “Staying Healthy in a Changing Environment” is mandatory for all University of Utah students ahead of the fall semester. The course addresses the unique challenges we face in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This online course provides vital information to keep our campus community safe and it is imperative that students complete this course before attending in-person classes this fall.
Access the training in one of three ways
Things you'll learn
Did you know the name COVID-19 is a combination of three factors? "COVI" stands for coronavirus; "D" indicates disease; and "19" refers to the year it was first identified (2019).
COVID-19 has disproportionately impacted Black, Latinx and Native American communities in the U.S., which likely reflects a higher percentage of community members holding low-wage public-facing jobs and having limited access to health care.
Silence is not neutral. If you notice classmates disregarding COVID-19 safety protocols, be mindful that saying nothing can be interpreted as approval. Speak up. Be firm. Be respectful. Protocols are in place for the health and safety of the entire campus community. Learn some de-escalation techniques here.
U campus resources
In addition to this training, students, faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the U’s COVID-19 response website at coronavirus.utah.edu. The site is regularly updated and indicates what color-coded risk phase the U campus is in, which is currently Orange meaning moderate risk. Other features include:
- Information & Precautions
- Back-to-School Checklists for faculty & staff, students and visitors
- A-Z Directory that provides brief overviews of various course formats, travel guides and links to resources.
- Forms & Resources consists of prepared checklists to help know the proper steps needed to take before returning to campus.
- COVID-19 Self Report if you are tested for COVID-19, keep track of places and those you have come in contact with. Reporting is paramount to campus safety, enabling contact tracing and proper disinfection of workplaces by campus Facilities personnel. Students living on campus should use the HRE Reporting Form.