The third phase of the sky bridge installation for the HELIX construction project has been confirmed for June 14 and 15, which will connect HELIX to the existing sky bridge between Moran Eye Center, Primary Children’s Hospital and the University of Utah Hospital.
Tuesday, June 14, and Wednesday, June 15, Mario Capecchi Drive will be closed during the bridge scaffolding work.
- The bridge scaffolding installation will take place across Mario Capecchi Drive and TRAX.
- Mario Capecchi Drive will close at 7 p.m. each evening.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted around the bridge installation zone.
- Access to and from TRAX will remain open until 11 p.m. as usual
- Access to the Moran Eye Center elevators and sky bridge will remain open.
- Mario Capecchi Drive will reopen at 5 a.m. on June 15 and 16.
An off-duty police officer will be staged at the intersection of Mario Capecchi Drive and 1900 East to direct traffic. Please follow all road closure and detour signs.
- All non-emergency vehicle traffic heading to the University of Utah Hospital and Primary Children’s Hospital will be diverted from Mario Capecchi Drive to Wasatch Drive.
- Emergency vehicle traffic driving to University Hospital and Primary Children’s Emergency Department will be allowed access to Mario Capecchi Drive.
- The University Hospital loading dock will be open, providing access to essential deliveries.
- UTA Bus Stop pick-up locations will be diverted to Wasatch Drive.
- Access to the West Medical Garage will remain open, rerouted through Fort Douglas.