Registration for Friday Forum: A Racially Just Workplace is open. The conversation, moderated by Jeff Herring, chief human resources officer at the University of Utah, will address questions that provide insight and solutions on how we create a racially just workplace and a more equitable and inclusive campus.
- Kathy Obear, president, Center for Transformation and Change
- Laurita Thomas, president, American Research Universities Human Resources Institute
- Damon Tweedy, associate professor, Duke University
The virtual event will be Nov. 20 a 1 p.m. MST. Registration is required and closes on Nov. 19 at 5 p.m. MST. Register here.
Through the Friday Forum series on Racism in Higher Education, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) is taking a stand against racism and bringing the U to the forefront of the conversation. Each month, EDI leads these national conversations with the goal of helping attendees start on a journey to eradicate racism and share best practices for sustained growth and action.
After the general session at 2 p.m. MST, attendees will have the opportunity to join one of nine breakout sessions to discuss how to move forward. Breakout sessions fall under the following three tracks:
1. Let’s Get Started
How to begin the journey toward anti-racism.
2. Hear Us
Breaking down the systemic racism that impacts our communities.
3. Moving the Needle
Modeling action-based and transformative initiatives.
Find details on the Nov. 20 breakout sessions and speakers here.
Friday Forums schedule and topics
- Sept. 25, 2020: “Confronting Our Racism”
- Oct. 23, 2020: “Establishing Anti-Racist Policy & Strategy”
- Nov. 20, 2020: “A Racially Just Workplace”
- Jan. 29, 2021: “A Call for Racial Healing”
- Feb. 26, 2021: “Racial Equity and Philanthropy”
- March 26, 2021: “The Long Game: Deepening the Work”