The Presidential Task Force on Campus Safety is holding three listening sessions aimed at collecting feedback about campus safety which will be used to make recommendations to the president.
In December 2016, President David Pershing composed the task force and asked it provide recommendations in the following four areas:
1. Prevention campaigns
2. Physical safety, such as lighting and security cameras
3. Adequacy of support personnel to respond to incidents
4. Training for students, faculty and staff
The listening sessions are designed for the task force to listen to the campus community and will be hosted by task force chairs Vice President for Student Affairs Barbara Snyder and Associate General Counsel Michele Ballantyne. All members of the campus community, including Health Sciences, are invited to participate. The task force is particularly interested in student comments.
- Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017: 10:30-11:30 a.m. in the Union Building, Panorama East
- Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017: 3-4 p.m. in the Union Building, Parlor A
- Monday, Feb. 13: 12-1 p.m. in the Union Building, Parlor A