We are deeply saddened to learn of the death of University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck. Our campus community mourns her tragic loss. We send our heartfelt condolences to her family and all those who knew her.
Please join our campus and community at a vigil honoring MacKenzie. The remembrance will be Monday, July 1, 2019, at 6 p.m. on the Union lawn. All are welcome to attend.
We know this news is difficult to process and affects many members of our campus community. Anyone in need of support is encouraged to use university resources. The university’s Counseling Center is open to students, and the Employee Assistance Program provides counseling to employees. For after-hours emergencies, a 24/7 crisis line is available at 801-587-3000. Additional resources and information are available at SafeU.utah.edu.
There are a number of campus resources to support students, staff and faculty, with both group and individual counseling services available.
- University Counseling Center, 426 SSB, 801-581-6826
- Office of the Dean of Students, 270 Union Building, 801-581-7066
- Women’s Resource Center, 411 Union Building 801-581-8030
- Victim-Survivor Advocacy, Center for Student Wellness, 328 SSB, 801-581-7779
- University Neuropsychiatric Institute SafeUT
- More student services can be found at studentaffairs.utah.edu