RESPONDING TO FIRE ALARMS
If the alarm is activated in your building:
- Exit immediately.
- Close the doors to your area as you leave.
- Ask visitors and guests to leave the building with you.
- Do not stay behind and argue with anyone who refuses to leave.
- Evacuate to your designated meeting location outside the building.
- Emergency responders will notify you when it is clear to re-enter.
Alarms can be used for many reasons to quickly alert occupants to a life safety threat. Just because you don’t see flames or smell smoke doesn’t mean there isn’t a need to evacuate.