RESPONDING TO FIRE ALARMS [bs_row class=”row”]
[bs_col class=”col-sm-8″]When fire alarms sound in a university building all occupants must evacuate. Become familiar with the sound of the fire alarm and the locations of pull stations in buildings you frequent and learn how to activate these pull stations in case of emergencies.
If the alarm is activated in your building:
- Exit immediately.
- Close the doors to your area as you leave.
- Ask visitors and guests to leave the building with you.
- Do not stay behind and argue with anyone who refuses to leave.
- Evacuate to your designated meeting location outside the building.
- Emergency responders will notify you when it is clear to re-enter.
Alarms can be used for many reasons to quickly alert occupants to a life safety threat. Just because you don’t see flames or smell smoke doesn’t mean there isn’t a need to evacuate. [/bs_col]