Sales is one of the most in-demand professions, with more than half of college graduates, regardless of their major, taking their first job in a sales role. Sales also provides a stable career option with great opportunities for growth. Colleges and universities report average placement rates for sales students of 90%, and the average annual base salary in 2022 was $76,000.
To help students and alums maximize their opportunities in this sought-after field, the David Eccles School of Business is thrilled to be hosting the inaugural Sales Innovation Summit. This free, half-day event will provide expert insight into the field of sales; it also includes a job fair. The event is part of the Eccles School’s new Hall Sales Innovation Initiative and made possible by the Eccles School and the Alan and Jeanne Hall Foundation.
February 10, 2023
Robert H. and Katharine B. Garff Building, 1731 E. Campus Center Dr., Salt Lake City
Job Fair & Lunch
11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Kahlert Hall, 4th Floor
Full event details and a link to register can be found here.
Here are some speakers and other event details to look forward to:
- Shari Levitin will present a keynote address, “Re-humanizing the Sales Process.” Levitin is an energetic, wickedly funny sales guru, who helps sales teams bridge the gap between beating quotas and selling with an authentic heartfelt approach. As the founder of the Shari Levitin Group, she has helped create over $1 billion in increased revenue for companies in over 40 countries.
- Six breakout sessions will cover the most pressing industry questions and trends including:
- “Advocating for Your Customers & Listening to Understand Their Actual Needs”
- “Everybody Sells, Here’s How to Do It Better”
- “Breaking Into the Medical Sales Industry – You Can Play a Role in Patient Care”
- “Understanding Sales to Propel Your Career”
- And more!
- At the job fair immediately following the summit, students can meet with companies including Stryker, Campbell Companies, and Comcast Business. You won’t want to miss this unique opportunity to connect with premier companies from a variety of industries and learn what a sales career can offer. Hit the ground running uploading your resume in advance.
The Sales Innovation Summit is a benchmark event for sharing sales information and connecting students to companies, and is open to all universities and interested parties around the state. We look forward to welcoming you soon!