Interested in getting involved on campus?
Are you a new or returning University of Utah student looking to get connected, explore new interests and learn how to positively impact communities? Join Student Leadership & Involvement’s Organization Resource Group (ORG) and Involvement Ambassadors as they host the semi-annual Get Involved Fair(s) to learn more about getting involved on campus.
What is the Get Involved Fair?
The Get Involved Fair (formerly known as PlazaFest) is a signature Fall Weeks of Welcome event at the University of Utah designed to connect new and returning students with involvement opportunities on campus and in the community. Traditionally, this program takes place on the Union Plaza and hosts thousands of students exploring the idea of involvement through in-person tabling.
Virtual Get Involved Fair
For the safety of U students and our campus partners, we have reimagined the Get Involved Fair to take place in a virtual setting this year. The Virtual Get Involved Fair will take place over three different sessions via Zoom, Sept. 8-10, from 12-1 p.m. MDT. Each day will have a different theme and showcase organizations with involvement opportunities related to the theme. Students can attend any and all sessions and will have the opportunity to meet directly with student leaders and campus activities staff.
RSVP for each day at the corresponding links to preview which organizations will be present on each day—developing and growing as more organizations sign up—and receive reminder emails and special tips and tricks from the Involvement Ambassadors:
- Day 1 | Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020
Academic, professional and honor societies
- Day 2 | Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020
Health and wellness; entertainment and art; Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Day 3 |Thursday, Sept. 10, 2020
Service, political, advocacy and cultural/identity-based
How to join the day(s) of the fair:
- Log into Zoom with your university credentials using this link.
- Join the Involvement Ambassador opening session at noon via this link. Or by the meeting ID 954 9189 6321.
- Go to Campus Connect (getinvolved.utah.edu). Click on the “Events” tab. Click on the event listing for the fair. Click “Join the Fair.”
- Click the blue “Sign-in” button to activate your Campus Connect and authenticate your uNID:
- Explore the organizations and click the “Meet Online” button(s) to join their Zoom “table.”