Hundreds of students, staff and faculty at the University of Utah find support through the Center for Child Care & Family Resources (CCFR) each year. CCFR works to support and coordinate information, program development and services that enhance family resources as well as the availability, affordability and quality of child care for students, faculty and staff.
CCFR offers five core services to U families
1. Child care referrals and consults
Meet with a child care counselor for child care questions, referrals throughout the state, finding lactation spaces on campus, what to ask a child care provider, child development information and more.
2. Student programming
- Free diaper bank
- Parent Night Out
- Finals week child care
- Evening drop-in care
- Care for children during home football games
- Early childhood educator internship and practicum hosting
3. Grants and fundraising for child care subsidies
- CCAMPIS subsidy
- Middle-income subsidy
- Grant writing to support on-campus child care for student parents
4. Child Care and Family Services coordination
CCFR staff work closely with campus and community partners to coordinate services for student families.
5. Administration of six UKIDS child care programs
- Guardsman Way
- Presidents Circle
- East Village
- South Jordan
- Sugar House