For the second consecutive year, ESPN College GameDay is coming to the University of Utah as No. 17 Utah hosts No. 4 Washington, Saturday, Oct. 29 at 1:30 p.m. MDT in a game that will be televised on FOX Sports 1. In anticipation of this coverage, ESPN will begin arriving in Presidents Circle on Wednesday, Oct. 26, through Saturday, Oct. 29.
Overnight camping will be permitted in Presidents Circle starting at 4 p.m. Friday and the line to get into the ‘pit’ area of the GameDay set will form early Saturday morning. While signs are welcome, prohibited items include projectiles, signs on sticks, food or drink, backpacks or purses.
There are standing room tickets available for Saturday’s game at utahutes.com, 801-581-UTIX and the Rice-Eccles Stadium box office.
Admission is free to ESPN GameDay activities and attendees on Saturday are encouraged to wear Halloween costumes.
- CORN HOLE CHALLENGE: Similar to previous years, The Home Depot will partner with Coca-Cola and winners of the corn hole challenge will receive a set of customized College GameDay corn hole boards and The Home Depot branded football gloves.
- PHOTO/SOCIAL BOOTH: Fans are invited to take a photo behind a College GameDay replica desk and share with their friends using an on-site iPad sharing station. Don’t forget to the #LetsDoGameDay.
- THE HOME DEPOT: Stop by The Home Depot’s booth and grab a hard hard, T-shirt and football gloves.
- COCA-COLA: Try out the “Share a Coke” vending machine that gives fans customized 12-ounce cans of coke, join in on a life-sized game of Jenga, “Coke pong” or Twister.
- PIZZA HUT: Come make your own pizza peels or Pizza Hut posters (reminder: peels will NOT be permitted in the main “pit”), take photos and share using iPads. Pizza Hut will also be giving out branded koozies to fans who create a sign.
- AT&T: Grab a rally towel from AT&T.
Here’s what you need to know about transportation in the area:
[bs_well size=”sm”]Parking and access to Presidents Circle: 6 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 26–3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 29
- Campus shuttle stops for the blue and red lines will be on University Street at the UTA stops. ADA shuttles will be able to go through Presidents Circle, but only when needed.
- All parking stalls will be displaced while ESPN uses the space to set up and broadcast shows.
- Some with reserved spots will be able to park in Presidents Circle, but most have been relocated.
- Those picking up or dropping off children at the ASUU Child Care/Child and Family Development Center, emergency vehicles and ESPN staff will be permitted to enter. Other vehicles will be redirected.
- Presidents Circle will be open Wednesday and Thursday evening (6 p.m.-6 a.m.) to provide access for Kingsbury Hall on the north side of the circle.
- Parking attendants will be available at the entrance of President Circle to redirect traffic to alternative lots.[/bs_well]
[bs_well size=”sm”]Parking at the stadium: 10 p.m., Friday, Oct. 28–Sunday morning
- The stadium lot will be available as an alternative lot for Presidents Circle parking until Friday, Oct. 28 at 10 p.m. It will resume normal parking Sunday morning. Motorcycles, visitors and A and U permits can park in the stadium lot.[/bs_well]
[bs_well size=”sm”]Alternative parking and transportation options:
- Those who typically park in Presidents Circle and those attending events at buildings in Presidents Circle will be able to park at the stadium lot (A and U permits, visitors and motorcycles) until Friday at 10 p.m. They may also be redirected to the Merrill Engineering parking lot (A, U permits, visitors and motorcycles) or the Northwest Garage (A and T permits).
- Parking attendants will be available at Presidents Circle and the Merrill Engineering lot to help visitors find parking options that work best for them.
- As always, we encourage U faculty, staff and students to ride UTA TRAX and buses at no cost by using their UCard as fare.[/bs_well]
[bs_well size=”sm”]ESPN shows:
- ESPN will be broadcasting shows from Presidents Circle Friday, Oct. 28, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. A live show is scheduled from 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. MDT.
- ESPN will conclude broadcasting from this location by Saturday, Oct. 29 at 10:15 a.m.
- The ESPN College GameDay show will air Saturday, Oct. 29, 7-10 a.m. MDT.[/bs_well]
More on GameDay here.