UIT makes changes to manage UMail spam
University Teaching Committee awards
Utah Red Zone Fan Cave Giveaway presented by America First Credit Union
MathWorks MATLAB Total Academic Headcount site license for U community
Customized promotional items by University Print & Mail
U5K now a WellU option
The vast majority of University UMail users are connecting to UMail through secure channels (HTTPS) and modern, industry-standard connectors. The small number of identified users of off-campus SMTP UMail have been identified and contacted directly and advised to change the way they send/receive email so that they don’t experience any UMail service disruption.
In the rare event that you or a colleague are affected by this change, other options are:
- Install Microsoft Outlook on your computer(s) via the U’s Microsoft Campus Agreement. Free for U-owned computers and for students; minimal cost for faculty/staff personal computers.
- Apple Mail/OSX iMail users: Apple Mail will continue to function as long as it is a current version properly configured as an Exchange account.
- Mobile devices (iOS and Android): Use Exchange Server ActiveSync (instructions in our Knowledge Base article)
- Send/receive UMail via the web-based Outlook Web Application, or OWA
- First connecting to the U’s virtual private network (VPN) in order to continue to send/receive UMail using your current settings (instructions in our Knowledge Base article)
For IT security reasons, the U currently does not support the Outlook mobile app for iOS/Android. Please do not try to use the mobile app to access UMail.
If you know of colleagues who received a direct email from UIT and are unsure why, or have any other questions, please call your local help desk or a central help desk:
- Main Campus: UIT Help Desk 801-581-4000 x1
- Hospitals and Clinics: ITS Service Desk 801-587-6000
To see criteria and deadlines, click here.
The Utah Red Zone Fan Cave Giveaway grand prize includes:
- Samsung 65″ Class 4K Ultra HD TV
- (2) Imperial University of Utah Recliners
- Blakeway framed Rice-Eccles stadium panorama
- Northwest Utah tapestry woven blanket
- Northwest Utah plush throw blanket
- Northwest Utah rug
- Legacy Utah vintage game poster artwork
- Legacy Utah wall-mount bottle opener
- Legacy Utah serving tray
- Paulson Designs Utah athletic logo canvas art
- Authentic Street Signs “Man Cave” sign
- Dahl large vinyl decal
and more Utah Red Zone merchandise.
Utah fans can enter to win the Utah Red Zone Fan Cave Giveaway by going to URedZone.com/FanCaveGiveaway. The lucky winner will be randomly selected at the conclusion of the Utah Football season.
For more information, call or visit Utah Red Zone or the University Campus Store.
Access to the products will be available through the Office of Software License web store beginning Sept. 1, 2016, and the software is available to all students, faculty and staff for academic purposes, including academic research.
Information regarding this license, product pricing and the available products can be found here./bs_col]
University Print & Mail is ready to help you design your department or organization’s customized promotional items, from office supplies to water bottles, totes and other fun giveaways. If you can think it, Print & Mail can create it. In addition to standard promotional fare, specialized items such as umbrellas, blankets, hats, shirts and other apparel are also available.
Some items can take six to eight weeks for production and delivery, so order now at printandmail.utah.edu to ensure your items arrive in time for Employee Appreciation Day which takes place on Thursday, Sept. 29.
University Print & Mail is your ongoing resource for customized promotional items any time of year. Contact Print & Mail for a custom quote at 801-581-6171, email@example.com or order online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
U5K NOW WELLU OPTION
Hope to see you there.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 8, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Location: 332 S. 1400 East (Old Law School building)