By Academic Advising Center
Be sure to attend the 13th annual Major Expo on Sept. 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the A. Ray Olpin Union Ballroom in the Union building.
Whether you are in the midst of exploring majors or simply looking for some new opportunities to supplement your academic career, the Major Expo is the event to attend. This information fair allows students to peruse majors, minors, certificate programs and internships while talking with advisors, faculty and staff representatives in person about options.
In addition to academic programs, the expo also hosts a vast number of research, student involvement and learning abroad opportunities to explore. Open to anyone, the Major Exploration Expo is free, casual and lots of fun. No appointments, no applications, no transcripts — just you and the major representative talking about the fields of study that interest you.
We are excited to see you at this year’s Major Expo and to help you begin (or continue) your journey here at the University of Utah.
Helpful tips for the expo:
- Get a copy of the Major Expo Guide from the Sept. 25 edition of The Daily Utah Chronicle.
- We like to recommend planning on spending at least an hour at the expo, but if you can’t spend that much time, still come.
- Use the map in The Daily Utah Chronicle to plan out which tables you want to visit.
- Take risks. Talk to at least one program you’re interested in, but unsure about.
- Try these questions:
- What can you tell me about this major?
- What kinds of work do graduates usually do with this major?
- Are there entrance requirements or a special admittance process?
- What kinds of opportunities do students in this major have for research, scholarships or internships?
- Keep track of updates or give a shout out to your favorite tables by using #MajorExpo.
- Make sure to stop by the Major Exploration Program table to get Otter Pops and information about more exploration events.