Construction crews on the HELIX building are preparing to remove the sky bridge scaffolding across Mario Capecchi Drive during night work in October. Following is what to expect:
- The bridge scaffolding removal will take place across Mario Capecchi Drive and TRAX.
- Mario Capecchi Drive will close at 7 p.m. each evening.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted around the bridge installation zone.
- Access to and from TRAX will remain open until 11 p.m. as usual.
- Access to the Moran Eye Center elevators & sky bridge will remain open.
Minimal Impact at Moran Eye Center Entrance October 20 – October 26
- There will be a mix of night and day work across the Moran building entrance.
Safety: An off-duty police officer will be staged at the intersection of Mario Capecchi Drive and 1900 East to direct traffic. Please follow all road closures and detour signs.
- All non-emergency vehicle traffic heading to the University of Utah Hospital & Primary Children’s Hospital will be diverted from Mario Capecchi Drive to Wasatch Drive.
- Emergency vehicle traffic driving to University Hospital and Primary Children’s Emergency Department will be allowed access to Mario Capecchi Drive.
- The University Hospital loading dock will be open, providing access to essential deliveries.
- UTA Bus Stop pick-up locations will be diverted to Wasatch Drive.
- Access to the West Medical Garage will remain open, rerouted through Fort Douglas.