Dear University of Utah Colleagues
The university is conducting a peer program review of our health and safety efforts. The review involves organizational alignment, policy and procedure reviews and will include an on-site component. On October 9 and 10 2017, a review team from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, will be in Salt Lake City to meet with our community and look around at some of our facilities.
The following questions will serve as the basis for their interactions on campus.
- Were you aware the campus safety and health committee updated the campus safety and health policy 3-300, in Fall 2016 and again in Spring 2017? Do you have any questions or concerns about your specific responsibilities as outlined in 3-300?
- Are there specific resources or support you have identified that would help you be successful in your responsibilities for health and safety as outlined in 3-300?
- What do you perceive is working well as it relates to safety and health?
- Do you perceive there have been improvements since the 2016 campus safety culture survey? (Can you identify any of those specifically)?
- If you had the opportunity to request or discuss with senior administrators, one or two gaps related to health and safety and your responsibilities, what might they be?
- If you had the opportunity to request or discuss with senior administrators, one or two gaps related to health and safety and the campus in general, what might they be?
If you are scheduled to meet personally (or as part of a group) with the reviewers, these questions/your answers will be the focus of the discussion. The time slots are tight, there’s much to see and many to meet, so we hope you are able to consider your responses to these questions in advance.
If you are not able to meet personally with our reviewers, your input is still important to us. You may provide feedback directly to Patlovich, Scott J Scott.J.Patlovich@uth.tmc.edu.
Your support of and involvement in the University’s health and safety efforts are greatly valued.
Ms. Marty Shaub, CEM
Managing Director, OEHS
Upgraded Laboratory Management System Training
To register for one of the trainings click here or scan the QR code.