Site Specific training topics for Supervisors
If you are an existing manager or new manager, you should be current on training your employees regarding hazards that can be found specific to your department, location or lab space.
Items you should address include:
- Emergency plans, evacuation routes, use of evacuation chairs, assembly locations and emergency actions.
- Rules for reporting safety violations, incidents and near misses.
- Safe operating procedures specific to the workplace.
- Location and use of emergency eyewash and safety shower stations (if applicable).
- Location of use of fire alarm pull stations and fire extinguishers.
- Location and use of AED.
- Use of tools and equipment, lifting and material handling.
- Machine and tool guards, emergency stop control locations and use (if applicable).
- Proper ergonomic procedures and lifting techniques for the tasks at hand.
- Safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Hazard Communication: Specific hazards for work area chemicals.
For other topics, click here.