Safe & Sound


“Authorized personnel” are people who have been specifically granted permission to enter a specific area.

The University of Utah is designed to create and environment to learn and grow. It is also a place of business where hazardous environments may and can be encountered.  Areas that are meant for authorized personal are clearly marked with a posted sign stating “Authorized Personnel Only.” If you encounter one of these signs DO NOT ENTER it.  This is not only meant to keep you safe but also the personnel who work in these areas.

If you have any questions, contact the Department of Occupational and Environment Health and Safety at 801-581-6590.