If departmental celebrations include food, please consult the campus food safety guide (here) as you plan your menus. Please don’t schedule or allow potluck meals on campus.
- Natural cut trees are not permitted by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- Artificial trees are permitted in areas that do not block exits, exit signs or other emergency equipment.
- Artificial trees must be flame resistant or flame retardant. Electrical wiring used on artificial trees shall be UL listed.
- Decorative lights must have a UL listing tag attached.
- Extension cord wiring may not be placed across doorways, under carpets, in walkways or exit paths. Do not use zip cords, instead use a multiple outlet power strip with an internal circuit breaker.
- Lights must be unplugged when the office closes in the evening or when the building or office is unoccupied.
- All decorations must be made of a noncombustible material or treated with a flame retardant. Decorations that are treated must have a label attached by the vendor.
- Decorations may not obstruct an exit, exit sign, door, fire extinguisher, fire alarm pull station, smoke detector, heat detector or sprinkler head.
- Decorative candles are not permitted at any time on campus.