There is always a potential for serious injury when winter storms create snow, ice and slippery conditions. For best practices when walking in winter conditions, follow these tips.
- Walk at a slower pace
- Keep an eye on where you are going
- Look for and avoid slippery surfaces
- Stay on designated walkways
- Schedule extra time to get where you are going
- Use handrails
- Remove snow and mud from your shoes before entering a building
- Wear appropriate footwear for the conditions
To report unsafe conditions, contact snow removal at 801-581-7221.