Open Enrollment is Here
Open enrollment booklets are in the mail and all information is available online. In addition to health plan and flexible spending account enrollments, the university has negotiated special enrollment opportunities in Life Insurance and Disability Insurance.
Make all enrollments and changes online and see the Benefitting U booklet for more information. Contact University Human Resource Management at 801-581-7447 if you don’t have access to a computer.
WellU Wellness Program Reminder
To save $480 on your health plans premiums next plan year (beginning July 1, 2018), complete the WellU requirements now. Requirements must be completed prior to July 1, 2018.
- Annual Physical or Wellness Exam – the university’s health care plan covers one annual physical or wellness exam each plan year at 100 percent. You don’t need to wait one year from your last exam – you can schedule it any time during the plan year.
- Dental Cleaning and Exam – Your coinsurance for these two procedures will be waived if you are seen at one of the University of Utah School of Dentistry clinics. To schedule an appointment, call 801-58-SMILE. Otherwise, see another participating dentist (go to regence.com and look for ValueCare Network providers); you will be responsible for your coinsurance.
- Complete One WellU Wellness Activity – Activities include preventive screenings, health and wellness coaching, fitness classes and nutrition consultations. See the WellU Program flyer for eligible wellness activities.
Completions must be reported through the health care plan or community partner. Employees are encouraged to complete the requirements as soon as possible to avoid a delay in receiving the discount. Requirements completed at the end of the plan year are often not reported in time for the discount to begin on the July 22 paycheck. The discount begins when timely completion of all requirements has been reported – it is not retroactive. Schedule your appointments as soon as possible to make sure you receive the discount for the entire plan year.
Now You can Manage Your Retirement Accounts From Your Mobile Device
Are you running from one thing to the next and feeling like you have no time? Now when you’re on the go you can take retirement planning with you. TIAA has a new mobile app that gives you quick and easy access to your TIAA accounts anytime on your Apple or Android device.
The app features touch ID/fingerprint authentication, and you can use the TIAA app to:
- View your total retirement portfolio balance
- See retirement balances pre-login using Peek View
- Track investment/fund performance
- Transfer funds among investment options
- Receive pending transaction reminders
- Retrieve secure messages and notifications about account activity
- Manage your communication preferences
- Change your address
- View outside assets
- Upload documents and share files
- Contact a TIAA financial consultant