Ready to flip your classroom? Register before Oct. 17
National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity: New membership announcement
Research images as art competition
Optimal well-being online course series
Get discounts through U Community Solar and U Drive Electric
Fifth annual planning successful meetings on campus conference
Spring 2017 textbook adoptions due Oct. 15
University Teaching Committee awards
Utah Red Zone Fan Cave Giveaway presented by America First Credit Union
MathWorks MATLAB Total Academic Headcount site license for U community
Register here by Nov. 5, 2016.
READY TO FLIP YOUR CLASSROOM?
Starting Oct. 17, 2016 on Canvas.net
Topics include the basics of the flipped classroom, creating of video lectures, planning active learning face to face (F2F) experiences and taking the leap to fully flip.
You can find an archived version of the course at teach-flip.utah.edu.
Teaching with the Flipped Classroom is designed for faculty with teaching experience. It does not cover introductory pedagogy. It is not recommended for new faculty or those teaching a class for the first time. This project is generously funded by the National Science Foundation (DUE-1245904). Additional support provided by the University of Utah and Salt Lake Community College.
NCFDD membership resources includes:
• Weekly Monday Motivator
• Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
• Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
• Access to Multi-Week Courses
• Video recordings of all webinars so members can learn at their convenience
• Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring & problem-solving
• Monthly accountability buddy matches
• Moderated monthly writing challenges
• Access to the Career Center where members can post and search job listings
• Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
To register for your University of Utah NCFDD membership, please complete the following steps:
1. Visit facultydiversity.org/Utah
2. Under “Registration information,” enter your University of Utah email address as a username.
Also enter your first name, last name, validation code (provided by the website), and click
3. Enter the required registration information and click “submit.”
4. Members will receive a welcome e-mail within 1-2 business days confirming that the account is
approved and active.
If you have any questions about the membership, please contact: Nadia Granados in the College of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage your participation in the Institutional Membership and we will be reaching out to solicit feedback on these resources over the coming months.
Receive 50 percent off any online course with early registration before Oct. 31, 2016, by 5 p.m. Use promo code: discount.
For a list of classes being offered and to register, go here.
FIFTH ANNUAL PLANNING SUCCESSFUL MEETINGS ON CAMPUS CONFERENCE
The Guest House will host all hospital and campus meeting planners for a FREE educational conference. Experts from campus will update planners on all that is happening at the University for planning meetings, events, or conferences.
- Office of General Counsel: Updated Alcohol Policy on Campus
- Commuter Services: 2016 Updates
- U Shop: Overview of Purchasing on Campus
- New Meeting Spaces on Campus
- Latest Trends in Catering
- Do’s and Don’ts of Booking Hotel Room Blocks
- Meet with Campus Vendors: Partners in Successful Campus Meetings
It’s all free and sure to help you become an expert Meeting Planner in your department.
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Free parking at the Guest House and Officers Club
- Networking with departments on campus that facilitate meetings and events
Questions about the event call: 801-587-2925.
The prompt submission of textbook adoptions by faculty each semester enables the Campus Store to stock necessary books in a timely manner and increases the chances of offering used textbooks, eBooks and rental textbooks, which help students save up to 50% off of new book prices. The Campus Store relies heavily on your timely response, so please do not delay.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Campus Store’s textbook adoption program, best wishes for another great academic year.
To see criteria and deadlines, click here.
The Utah Red Zone Fan Cave Giveaway grand prize includes:
- Samsung 65″ Class 4K Ultra HD TV
- (2) Imperial University of Utah Recliners
- Blakeway framed Rice-Eccles Stadium panorama
- Northwest Utah tapestry woven blanket
- Northwest Utah plush throw blanket
- Northwest Utah rug
- Legacy Utah vintage game poster artwork
- Legacy Utah wall-mount bottle opener
- Legacy Utah serving tray
- Paulson Designs Utah athletic logo canvas art
- Authentic Street Signs “Man Cave” sign
- Dahl large vinyl decal
and more Utah Red Zone merchandise.
Utah fans can enter to win the Utah Red Zone Fan Cave Giveaway by going to URedZone.com/FanCaveGiveaway. The lucky winner will be randomly selected at the conclusion of the Utah Football season.
For more information, call or visit Utah Red Zone or the University Campus Store.
Access to the products will be available through the Office of Software License web store beginning Sept. 1, 2016, and the software is available to all students, faculty and staff for academic purposes, including academic research.
Information regarding this license, product pricing and the available products can be found here./bs_col]