Optimal well-being online course series
Get discounts through U Community Solar and U Drive Electric
Fifth annual planning successful meetings on campus conference
David Eccles School of Business MBA Online program ranked No. 13 in the world
Housing & Residential Education changes for 2017-18
Spring 2017 textbook adoptions due Oct. 15
UIT makes changes to manage UMail spam
University Teaching Committee awards
Utah Red Zone Fan Cave Giveaway presented by America First Credit Union
MathWorks MATLAB Total Academic Headcount site license for U community
OPTIMAL WELL-BEING ONLINE COURSE SERIES
Receive 50 percent off any online course with early registration before Oct. 5, 2016 by 5 p.m. Use promo code: discount.
For a list of classes being offered and to register, go here.
FIFTH ANNUAL PLANNING SUCCESSFUL MEETINGS ON CAMPUS CONFERENCE
The Guest House will host all hospital and campus meeting planners for a FREE educational conference. Experts from campus will update planners on all that is happening at the University for planning meetings, events, or conferences.
- Office of General Counsel: Updated Alcohol Policy on Campus
- Commuter Services: 2016 Updates
- U Shop: Overview of Purchasing on Campus
- New Meeting Spaces on Campus
- Latest Trends in Catering
- Do’s and Don’ts of Booking Hotel Room Blocks
- Meet with Campus Vendors: Partners in Successful Campus Meetings
It’s all free and sure to help you become an expert Meeting Planner in your department.
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Free parking at the Guest House and Officers Club
- Networking with departments on campus that facilitate meetings and events
Questions about the event call: 801-587-2925.
“This ranking demonstrates the dedication and hard work of our faculty and staff, and the effectiveness of the Eccles MBA Online program to provide a top-notch education while still providing the flexibility to work with students’ busy lives,” said Taylor Randall, dean of the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business.
Click here to learn more.
Beginning Fall 2017, undergraduate students living on-campus through Housing & Residential Education will be required to enroll in a minimum of 12-credit hours. Graduate students living on-campus will be required to enroll in a minimum of 6-credit hours.
Prospective residents should make note of this requirement when applying for housing beginning Feb. 10, 2017.
Spaces within Gateway Heights will be adjusted beginning Fall 2017 to include additional triple rooms. Following this change, most rooms within Gateway Heights will be triple rooms including lofted beds. Additional spaces are also being reviewed in order to create more residential spaces.
Prospective residents will see these new room configurations when signing up for housing through Housing U online.
Current students will be notified via email. Information will also be posted on our website. Should students or staff have additional questions, please direct them to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-587-2002.
The prompt submission of textbook adoptions by faculty each semester enables the Campus Store to stock necessary books in a timely manner and increases the chances of offering used textbooks, eBooks and rental textbooks, which help students save up to 50% off of new book prices. The Campus Store relies heavily on your timely response, so please do not delay.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Campus Store’s textbook adoption program, best wishes for another great academic year.
The vast majority of University UMail users are connecting to UMail through secure channels (HTTPS) and modern, industry-standard connectors. The small number of identified users of off-campus SMTP UMail have been identified and contacted directly and advised to change the way they send/receive email so that they don’t experience any UMail service disruption.
In the rare event that you or a colleague are affected by this change, other options are:
- Install Microsoft Outlook on your computer(s) via the U’s Microsoft Campus Agreement. Free for U-owned computers and for students; minimal cost for faculty/staff personal computers.
- Apple Mail/OSX iMail users: Apple Mail will continue to function as long as it is a current version properly configured as an Exchange account.
- Mobile devices (iOS and Android): Use Exchange Server ActiveSync (instructions in our Knowledge Base article)
- Send/receive UMail via the web-based Outlook Web Application, or OWA
- First connecting to the U’s virtual private network (VPN) in order to continue to send/receive UMail using your current settings (instructions in our Knowledge Base article)
For IT security reasons, the U currently does not support the Outlook mobile app for iOS/Android. Please do not try to use the mobile app to access UMail.
If you know of colleagues who received a direct email from UIT and are unsure why, or have any other questions, please call your local help desk or a central help desk:
- Main Campus: UIT Help Desk 801-581-4000 x1
- Hospitals and Clinics: ITS Service Desk 801-587-6000
To see criteria and deadlines, click here.
The Utah Red Zone Fan Cave Giveaway grand prize includes:
- Samsung 65″ Class 4K Ultra HD TV
- (2) Imperial University of Utah Recliners
- Blakeway framed Rice-Eccles Stadium panorama
- Northwest Utah tapestry woven blanket
- Northwest Utah plush throw blanket
- Northwest Utah rug
- Legacy Utah vintage game poster artwork
- Legacy Utah wall-mount bottle opener
- Legacy Utah serving tray
- Paulson Designs Utah athletic logo canvas art
- Authentic Street Signs “Man Cave” sign
- Dahl large vinyl decal
and more Utah Red Zone merchandise.
Utah fans can enter to win the Utah Red Zone Fan Cave Giveaway by going to URedZone.com/FanCaveGiveaway. The lucky winner will be randomly selected at the conclusion of the Utah Football season.
For more information, call or visit Utah Red Zone or the University Campus Store.
Access to the products will be available through the Office of Software License web store beginning Sept. 1, 2016, and the software is available to all students, faculty and staff for academic purposes, including academic research.
Information regarding this license, product pricing and the available products can be found here./bs_col]