Do you believe you are at risk for type 2 diabetes?
- Attend a FREE 90-minute workshop to learn more about prediabetes
- Determine if you are at risk for type 2 diabetes
- Learn about lifestyle changes that can help prevent type 2 diabetes
- Hear about the research behind the National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Find out about the University of Utah National Diabetes Prevention Program classes
When: Wednesday, Dec. 14 from 7-8:30 p.m.
Where: L.S. Skaggs Patient Wellness Center in the University of Utah School of Dentistry 530 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84108 located on level P3. Vehicle entrance is in the back of building. Park and walk straight in to the basement level entrance. Follow signs to Wellness Center in Room B140.
Please call us at 801-213-8720 or email: DPP@utah.edu to have your name added to the roster.
DEBUNKING OLD WIVES’ TALES
Starve a fever, feed a cold. Don’t go outside with wet hair. Popping your knuckles will give you arthritis. We’ve all heard an old wives tale at some point in our lives. And they sound like good advice. But are old wives’ tales actually true? Find out which old wives tales you should listen to and which ones you can ignore.
Read the full story here.
COPING WITH ANXIETY CAUSED BY THINGS YOU CAN’T CONTROL
Many things in the world can cause anxiety and often they’re beyond your control. Yet, you shouldn’t ignore or dismiss what you are feeling. Psychiatrist Maria Reyes tells us the three steps she recommends her patients use to manage anxiety the right way.
For more expert health news and information, visit healthcare.utah.edu/healthfeed.