[bs_row class=”row”][bs_col class=”col-sm-8″]
Real Life Challenge
There are two habits pertaining to movement in the Real Life Challenge:
- Be active for at least 10 minutes.
- Most of us have a million thoughts running through our minds at any moment, but very few of us set aside time to practice a healthy mindset. This pressure to constantly be “on” can lead to overwhelming levels of anxiety and stress that could negatively affect our health over time.The good news is, it doesn’t have to go down that road. A recent study by researchers at Michigan Tech University found that just one hour of a mindfulness meditation led to reduced anxiety and decreased biomarkers of cardiovascular risk sixty minutes after the session. Even a week later, participants still reported decreased anxiety and stress.If you don’t already schedule in time for mental breaks, now could be the perfect time to start. If you feel ready to jump right into a full hour of mindfulness or meditation, University of Utah Health’s Resiliency Center has some great resources for that. If you’d like to ease into shorter mindfulness tactics, we’ve got you covered there, too:
- 1-hour mindful mornings
- 1-hour introduction to mindfulness
- 9-minute awareness of breath meditation
- 9-minute body scan
- 5-minute S.T.O.P. activity
For more information about the Real Life Challenge, go here.[/bs_col][bs_col class=”col-sm-4″][bs_well size=”lg”]
HOW MUCH SUGAR DO YOU DRINK?
About half of people in the U.S. age 2 and older consume sugar drinks daily, reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Find out how much sugar lurks in your favorite drinks.
Click here to read the full story.
SPOOKY CONTACT LENSES: BEWARE!
Don’t let a bad Halloween costume decision haunt you for life. It could happen if you’re looking to disguise your eyes with freaky colored contact lenses without a prescription. Before you go down that road, here’s what you should know.
Read the full story here.
For more expert health news and information, click here.[/bs_well][/bs_col][/bs_row]