Trouble finding a printer or copier on campus? Unable to find your printed documents once you’ve found a printer? Tired of rushing to the library to print that assignment before class? Well, stress no longer.
Managed Print Services provides a solution to these problems. Marked with the distinct “RedPrint” logo, the Managed Print Services’ machines are available for use by University of Utah students, faculty and staff. With a UCard and a few taps on a screen, you can have your job printed and ready to go.
Here’s how it works:
- The user sends a print job to the RedPrint cloud from a computer, phone or another internet-enabled device.
- When the user is ready to collect the print job, they locate a RedPrint machine, tap their UCard where indicated to access their account and select the job waiting in the cloud to print.
- The device prints the job, the user collects it and the system automatically processes the transaction, deducting a fee or sending a usage report to a specific department.
It’s that simple. RedPrint devices have been installed throughout campus, and the team at Managed Print Services plans to install more.
Advantages of RedPrint:
- Ease of access
- Standardized printing fees
- Increased sustainability through fewer unnecessary or abandoned print jobs
- Increased confidentiality through the elimination of print jobs sitting out publicly while waiting for the pickup
- Increased network security through the consolidation of printers into one, secure network
IT solutions and network security become easier to maintain when managed through a centralized network. Managed Print Services is working with university IT professionals to provide access to this secure printing network to anyone on campus who requests it.
If you would like to enroll a device in the Managed Print Services system, get professional input on purchasing a device or have questions about printer security, contact your college/department IT staff or Eric Goodrich at email@example.com.
For more information on RedPrint, click here.