What you need to know about the U’s rental car contracts


Did you know the University of Utah has access to car rental companies using state-negotiated contracts? Contracts are available with Hertz as well as National and Enterprise.

Drivers who use these agencies while traveling on University of Utah business do not need to purchase extra insurance or pay U internal fee. However, insurance must be purchased for the following:

  1. Vehicles larger than a minivan (Enterprise has state contract pricing for commercial trucks)
  2. When renting outside the state contracts
  3. Renting in a foreign country

Instructions for renting vehicles can be found at the Risk & Insurance Services website.