Main Navigation

Use of personal vehicles on U business

Personal Vehicles are not insured by the U of U. If you use your personal auto on University business and are involved in an accident, your own auto insurance is primary  insurance.  The University of Utah’s auto liability insurance carrier may assist on an excess basis above your own policy limits if your policy is insufficient to protect the U of U.

Drivers on U business should comply with the U’s Auto Insurance Provisions and Driver Training requirements.  Please refer to the Risk & Insurance Services website under the VEHICLE tab for more information.