Effective immediately, the University of Utah is extending the current travel restriction for all university-related business travel for faculty, staff, and students through June 30, 2020.
NOTE: This restriction may be extended to a later date as we continue to monitor the situation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW: If you have planned a business-related trip between now and June 30, you should cancel the trip, unless you obtain an approved exception.
Exceptions to this restriction should be approved at least 1 week prior to departure, and are subject to the following exception procedures:
Trips departing through May 31, 2020: ALL of the following extraordinary approvals are required:
- The department chair or manager
- The dean or vice president
- The designee of the relevant senior vice president.
Those designated for final approval of a travel restriction exception are:
- Main Campus Academic Affairs Travel: Sarah Projansky, AVP for Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- U of U Health Academic Travel: Ed Clark, AVP for clinical affairs, email@example.com
- U of U Health Hospitals and Clinics Staff Travel: Sarah Sherer, Senior Human Resources Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main Campus Staff Travel: Chris Bone, Senior Human Resources Director, email@example.com
Trips departing June 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020: VP approval is required prior to departure for any trips during these dates.
Personal Travel: We continue to encourage you, when considering your personal travel choices, to follow travel advisories issued by your local and state authorities. If you choose to travel, you may be restricted from returning to work depending upon the specifics of your circumstances.