Housing & Residential Education is welcoming more than 4,500 students to campus this fall, and we need your help. Be a part of the welcome party by signing up for UCREW—our team of volunteers who help move students into their on-campus homes.
Move-in days are Tuesday, Aug. 16-Thursday, Aug. 18, and start the new academic year with a fun, high-energy kick-off for students and families. In addition, we will have the unique experience of actively constructing our newest Kahlert Village tower, while moving students into the building. We need your efforts to help us “construct” a great student experience and family onboarding to the U.
Here are the details for UCREW:
- Volunteer for at least two of the three move-in days (Aug. 16-18) to work one 3.5-hour shift
- Your most important job is to welcome students and families to the U. Practically, this could look like the following:
- Assisting with unloading vehicles
- Helping deliver resources around campus to staff, students and volunteers
- Managing traffic and vehicles in unloading zones
- Directional assistance around buildings
- Red cart wrangling
- Besides welcoming students and families to campus, you’ll also receive a UCREW T-shirt for your time.
- UCREW is open to all faculty and staff at the University of Utah. UCREW volunteers are the No. 1 reason move-in goes so smoothly at the U.
- Learn more about UCREW here.
Be sure to save Aug. 16-18 on your calendar, share with your team and please join us in welcoming our resident students either to or back to campus. You can complete the UCREW sign-up here. We truly couldn’t complete our move-in processes without your partnership and efforts.
Questions about UCREW or the move-in process? Please contact Anna Dickherber, associate director for resident services at firstname.lastname@example.org.