On Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019, the University declared an official closure day due to dangerous weather conditions. As this was a University Closure Day the following procedures should be followed for hourly staff employees.
The closure will apply on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019, from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
Below is how to apply the closure for those affected:
- Part or full-time, benefited hourly employees who do not work on a closure day
- The payroll reporter or employee will add the UCD code, which is paid at straight time and the number of hours to match the employee’s scheduled shift.
- Part or full-time hourly benefited employees who are required to work
- The hourly employee will report in and out times of the shift worked on the KRONOS time card. The hours worked will then automatically populate as UCW, University Closure Worked, which is paid at straight time. The payroll reporter will add manually, to that day, the UCC code with the number of hours the employee worked. This is paid at half time (.50).
- The payroll reporter will also add, to that day, the UCD code up to the equivalent of the scheduled shift during the closure period.
- There is no need to add UCD to the Salaried Employee timecard as they are paid on an annual basis.