The University of Utah and Los Alamos National Laboratory are organizing a joint-workshop on computational mechanics and sciences geared towards women researchers, held at the University of Utah, Oct. 10-11, 2019. This is an inclusive workshop and open to everyone interested.
This first-of-a-kind initiative covers various technical topics including:
- Design of nanomaterials
- Design of materials-structural systems
- Physics-based machine learning
- Multi-scale, multi-physics modeling
- Computational visualization
The goal of this workshop is to:
- Promote gender balance in the field of computational mechanics.
- Define the future research direction in specific areas within the field of computational mechanics and sciences.
- Create a collaborative network among researchers in the southwest region from academia, national labs and industry.
Click here for the agenda.
Oct. 10, 2019 |8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Oct. 10, 2019 |8 a.m.-1 p.m.
(Optional tours at 2 p.m.)
University of Utah
College of Education
Main Auditorium (and nearby classrooms)
1721 Campus Center Dr
Salt Lake City, UT 84112