University of Utah Vice President for Student Affairs Lori McDonald announced the appointment of Jason Ramirez as associate vice president and dean of students. Ramirez will begin his role Sept. 23, 2019.
With nearly two decades of experience supporting students, Ramirez joins the U after spending the past four years at Southern Utah University in the same position.
“Jason is known for being student-centered and a tremendous collaborator,” said McDonald. “His experience with student conduct, housing, student involvement, health and wellness efforts will be an asset to our campus.”
At SUU, Ramirez served as the chief conduct officer and oversaw the following offices and organizations:
- University Conduct
- Residence life and housing operations
- Student involvement and leadership
- Greek Life
- SUU Student Association
- Student clubs and organizations
- The Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Campus Recreation & Wellness
- SUU Outdoors
- Title IX Enforcement and Compliance
- Behavioral Intervention and Bias Response
- Strategic Planning for Social Justice and Diversity
Ramirez also served on the SUU Dean’s Council. He holds a master’s in education from Illinois State University and a bachelor’s from Upper Iowa University.