Deliveries during the holiday remote education period
General Stores & Receiving
During the holiday remote education period, many buildings on campus may be closed and unable to accept packages for delivery. We expect that you are already aware of how your department may be impacted during this time and have planned accordingly. Your department may choose alternate delivery options for home delivery, as outlined here. If General Stores & Receiving receive calls for help from carriers attempting to deliver packages to a closed building, we will instruct them to deliver the package to the receiving department. From there it can be picked up by your department in WILL CALL with your University ID, or delivery can be arranged per your request.
When ordering from General Stores during this time period when a building is closed, please ensure you put “WILL CALL” in the special instructions if you desire to pick up the delivery from General Stores and Receiving.
General Stores: 801-581-8671
Central Receiving: 801-581-7409
General Stores and Receiving
1795 E South Campus Dr 253
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
FedEx, UPS, U.S. Postal Service (USPS), and Campus Mail deliveries
University Print & Mail Services would like some information that will allow us to help your department receive mail and packages during the Holiday Remote Education period from November 26, 2020 to January 19, 2021.
Our questions to you
If your department will be closed or changing hours, please contact Juan Sosa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 385-290-8878 with your answers to the following questions:
- Which departments will be closed and unable to receive FedEx, UPS, USPS, and Campus Mail packages?
- When will your department officially close?
- When will your department re-open and be ready to resume normal package/mail delivery after the Holiday Remote Education period?
- If your department plans to be open part-time, what will your open hours be and how would you like your mail/packages delivered?
Note: USPS can only deliver mail to offices that are open on a regular schedule. If notified, Print & Mail can receive your USPS mail and packages on your behalf. We’ll sort it and hold it at our facility until it is picked up or until regular mail delivery resumes.
What to do if your department is closed
If you work in an area that will be closed and you have a FedEx or UPS package that needs to be delivered or picked up during the Holiday Remote Education period, please read the following instructions:
If you have a UPS package:
- UPS will deliver and pick up packages from Print & Mail. You can pick up delivered packages from our lobby (VRTUSB 135) between 8:30 am and 5 pm, M–F.
- You can drop off processed and ready-to-ship UPS packages at our lobby (VRTUSB 135) to hold for UPS pickup at 5 pm, M–F.
Please deliver the packages to Print & Mail before 4:30 pm to ensure they are sent out that day.
- If your package is not ready to ship, please process the package with your UPS account before dropping it off at Print & Mail for UPS pickup. We cannot prepare UPS packages for shipping.
- Contact UPS directly at 1-800-742-5877 to schedule a pickup with the courier.
If you have a FedEx package:
- FedEx will deliver and pick up packages at Print & Mail. You can pick up delivered packages from our lobby (VRTUSB 135) between 8:30 am and 5 pm, M–F.
- Print & Mail can process, prepare, and ship FedEx and SendSuite packages for you at our lobby (VRTUSB 135). To utilize this service, please drop your package off at our location between 8:30 am and 4 pm, M–F.
- Contact FedEx directly at 1-800-463-3339 to schedule a pickup with the courier.
How to pick up items:
If you need items during the closure period, please note that your mail, packages, and print projects can be retrieved in the following ways:
- Print & Mail offers a free curbside pick-up service in front of VRTUSB between 8:30 am and 5 pm, M–F.
- You can pick up items from our lobby (VRTUSB 135) between 8:30 am and 5 pm, M–F.
- To coordinate an alternate delivery plan, contact Juan Sosa before the closure dates at email@example.com or 385-290-8878.
Uncollected or undeliverable items will be held at Print & Mail until the Holiday Remote Education period ends on January 19, 2021, or until we’re notified your department or building is reopen.
If you have further questions, please contact Juan Sosa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Print & Mail at 801-581-6171.