The Office for Health Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion is pleased to accept nominations for the annual Leadership in Inclusive Excellence Award. This award recognizes someone who exemplifies leadership in inclusive excellence in five categories:
- Inclusive excellence in research
- A University of Utah Health student
- A University of Utah Health trainee (resident, fellow, postdoc)
- A University of Utah Health faculty member
- A University of Utah Health staff member
Examples of inclusive excellence include, but are not limited to:
- Creating inclusive spaces for intercultural dialogue on campus
- Recruiting and retaining excellent and diverse faculty, staff, or students
- Spearheading inclusive programming
- Fostering equal opportunity
- Conducting an inclusive research program
- Nurturing a welcoming and inclusive campus climate
Group nominations will be considered (i.e., research, student, staff organizations, or academic units.) You may re-submit a previous nomination if your nominee did not receive an award. However, we ask that you submit an updated nomination, bio, and photo.
The awardees will be recognized at a special event during Mediversity Week held the first week of November (exact date TBA).
A complete nomination submission will include:
- A nomination (250 words maximum) that outlines the nominee’s contributions to leadership in inclusive excellence at the University of Utah Health.
- The full contact information for the nominator and nominee.
- A high-resolution photo of the nominee.
- A bio of the nominee.
Please submit your nomination by Sept. 15, 2021: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/inclusiveexcellence2021
For questions, please email email@example.com.