Heidi DeWitt Woodbury, vice president for institutional advancement at the University of Utah, is pleased to announce the U’s inaugural U Giving Day May 21-22, 2019.
“We are thrilled to be hosting the university’s first-ever day of giving. U Giving Day is a celebration of the strengths of our campus in the areas of academic excellence, health care, athletics, the arts, and community outreach. I am looking forward to seeing the collective impact we will make during this event for the future success of our students and the university,” said Woodbury.
Alumni, parents, friends, students, faculty and staff will unite for 36 hours to celebrate, engage and make an investment in the future of the university. U Giving Day challenges the community to imagine more for the future of the students and the university.
For U Giving Day to be a success, the university will need support and participation from the entire U community:
- Make an impact by giving a gift to the U on U Giving Day.
- Show your support by following the U Alumni Association social media pages and sharing #UGivingDay posts.
- Join the social media ambassador team and share your U story.
- Become a challenge donor. Match your peers’ gift amount or set a donor goal and inspire others to make an impact.
- Visit the U Giving Day website to learn more.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about becoming involved in U Giving Day or becoming a challenge donor, please email Rachel Robertson, assistant director of annual giving at email@example.com.