The team working on the sky bridge installation for the HELIX construction project is finalizing the sequencing of the curtain wall and glass panel installation throughout July and into early August. The installation schedule is as follows:
July 1-15 | No impact
Glass installation on Moran’s northside. There is no impact as the work is being performed within the secured construction fence line.
July 18-27 | Minimal impact
Glass installation across the Moran entrance road. Night work will occur from 7 p.m.-5 a.m. Minimal impact for those coming and going from the hospital and Moran.
July 28-Aug. 3 | Impact
Glass installation across Mario Capecchi Drive will close this road with the work occurring overnight from 7 p.m.-5 a.m. However, EMS will be allowed safely through to hospitals during the closure.
An off-duty police officer will be staged at the intersection of Mario Capecchi Drive and 1900 East to direct traffic. Please follow all road closure and detour signs.
- All non-emergency vehicle traffic heading to the University of Utah Hospital and Primary Children’s Hospital will be diverted from Mario Capecchi Drive to Wasatch Drive.
- Emergency vehicle traffic driving to University Hospital and Primary Children’s Emergency Department will be allowed access to Mario Capecchi Drive.
- The University Hospital loading dock will be open, providing access to essential deliveries.
- UTA Bus Stop pick-up locations will be diverted to Wasatch Drive.
- Access to the West Medical Garage will remain open, rerouted through Fort Douglas.